Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Degree or not to be (employed, that is)

Unemployment is a big drag! Having an injury while unemployed make it equally so. If I had done something about a year ago, or even months ago, I would, of course, have something different to complain about in this blog (lol), but as you all know, if we knew the future, none of us would make mistakes....well, i can't speak for some of the folks I've met..."JLJ" those of you who have heard me speak of this person, know what I mean....and this person has a college degree!

On the subject of degrees: Currently, my daughter is earning her degree in something that has to do with managing other folks' money - a good field I think because people are willing to pay a lot of money to get advice on how to spend it...LOL, weird huh? - My good friend GW has earned her bachelor's, which I just recently found out, she attended UOP for about 2 years. Wow, I could have had my degree in something or another! Dammit. Even a close friend incarcerated has a degree....so what's my problem? I've come to the conclusion that money, or lack there of, and procrastination are the key factors that have kept me from achieving the basic goal that can boost me into a higher tax bracket. As always, I am eager to get started but I just don't know where to start. I look at a lot of websites and make inquiries, but the motivation stops there. Something inside me says, "you're too old and it's gonna take forever. What are you gonna do until then?" - So again I say.....HELP! What am I doing wrong, or what am I NOT doing?

I welcome all comments and suggestions....and may the force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment